A new roof replacement in Cumming GA is probably going to be your most expensive renovation to date. You may be stressing about the process, wondering how you can handle it on top of all your other responsibilities. But the truth is that once you find a quality roofer, such as Duffy Roof, we take the job out of your hands so you can stop worrying.
But you still need to go through the process before finding the best roof company Cumming GA location. Here are 5 things you need to know first.
1. Shop around. Even if you think you’ve found the best roof company Cumming GA location, you should still get at least 3 quotes. These quotes should not only include price, but types of materials, products (ie. are new gutters included?), and types of services and labor. You don’t want to simply go with the cheapest quote, as it may end up costing you more in the long run if it doesn’t include anything!
2. Learn about the process. Even if you’re hiring professionals, you should still have a solid understanding of what a new roof entails. Did you know that you’re allowed to have one or two layers of asphalt shingles on your roof? However, there could be problems with the decking and flashing beneath that needs to be fixed. Simply placing shingles on top of already damaged ones may not be the solution. Your entire roofing membrane may need to be stripped away. It’s important to understand what materials are used in the process. It’s also helpful when you chat with the best roof company Cumming GA location that they go through everything step-by-step.
3. Spend more on better materials. Do you really want to have your roof redone in ten years? Nope. Spend a bit more for quality products that are going to last. Did you know there are shingles that are warrantied for 50 years that only add another $500 to your costs? Then why not do that instead of using cheap shingles that need to be replaced every ten?
4. Obtain all necessary paperwork. You’ll need to obtain a building permit for your roof. You also want to get the papers for all warranties, and ask to see all licences of the best roof company in Cumming GA. You should ask to see proof of insurance from your roofing company too.
5. Ensure cleanup before payment. You want assurance that the roofing company will haul away all the garbage after the job is done, and that the roof and the ground beneath are tidy and clean. This includes any stray nails that can puncture tires or hurt children’s feet. Your roofer will also provide you with photographs of your new roof—because you can’t get up there to see for yourself. Once you’re fully satisfied, payment can be completed.
If your house in Cumming GA needs a new roof, be sure to obtain your quotes before making your final decision. You may wish to add Duffy Roofing & Restoration to the list, as we have 100% customer satisfaction.